Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

Child Care Fee Subsidy

Child Care Fee Subsidy

Need help with child care costs?
  • Child Care Fee Subsidy is a program intended to help families with the cost of their child care expenses. It supports eligible families by paying a portion of their total licensed child care costs as funding permits.
  • Fee Subsidy offers essential support for many families, helping them balance the demands of a career and family while working, pursuing education or participating in a training program.
  • Use the Child Care Fee Subsidy Calculator to find out if your family might be eligible for a Child Care Fee Subsidy and to estimate how much you will have to pay.

Who Can Apply

A family that needs help with the cost of licensed child care for their children (up to 12 years old) and meets the following criteria:

  • Your family lives in Prince Edward County or the County of Lennox and Addington;
  • Each parent/guardian is either employed, or enrolled in an educational or training program;
  • If you or your child has a documented special need, and have been referred by a professional, you may also be eligible;
  • Each parent/guardian has filed their income taxes for the most recent tax year; and
  • If you are a new immigrant to Canada this year, you may apply without your most recent tax return.

How to Apply

  • You can apply for child care fee subsidy through our Fee Subsidy Online Application Form or by calling 613-354-0957 or toll free 866-354-0957 (within the 613 area code) to have an application sent to you.
  • Applicants applying online will need to create an account on the Children’s Services Portal. Applicants will be able to upload required fee subsidy documents using the Children’s Services portal upload documents feature. To apply online, please click the “Apply Online” button below to access the Online Application Form.
  • Most recent “Notice of Assessment from Revenue Canada and/or “Canada Child Tax Benefit Statement” for each parent/guardian. You can obtain this information from Revenue Canada directly by logging into your Service Canada Account
  • Proof of Address: rent receipt or property tax notice or utility bill that shows you live in the Prince Edward or Lennox & Addington coverage area.
  • Paystubs for the last month of employment, or letter from employer on company letterhead confirming the number of hours you work per week.
  • Self-Employed applicants must provide a copy of your Business License, Business Permit or Business Number along with your T2125 Statement of Business.
  • School timetable with school term/class hours or school registration letter with program, full-time or part-time status and start and end dates of program for applicants enrolled in educational or training programs.
  • Therapeutic referral form completed by a health professional or social service agency, if applicable.
  • Custody court order or agreement (if you have one).
  • The names of the licensed child care program you want your child(ren) to attend.
  • Once all the information is reviewed you will receive a letter confirming whether you are eligible, and if so, how much Prince Edward Lennox and Addington Social Services will pay directly to the Child Care Provider, and how much you will be required to pay. A copy of the letter will be sent to the Child Care Program.
  • If you have arranged your own child care and your child is currently in a child care program, you are responsible for paying the full cost of care until subsidy is approved by Children’s Services and you have received an approval letter.

I am currently receiving a child care fee subsidy

To maintain your fee subsidy you must:

  • Report changes in your employment/school, address, phone number, marital status, etc.
  • Submit two reviews per year.
  • Pay your fees to the child care program.
  • Respond to all letters and submit information by the deadline date.
  • If you plan to leave the child care program or transfer to another program – you must tell the child care program (in writing) and contact the Fee Subsidy office. Most operators require at least two weeks in advance.
  • You must pay all outstanding fees before leaving the program. We will not process a transfer if you have outstanding fees.

Fee Subsidy Calculator

Important: This calculator is for reference purposes only. The exact parental contribution will be determined by Children’s Services upon review of your application.

  • If you have recently immigrated to Canada, you can still apply for a Child Care Fee Subsidy but you will need to provide your Notice of Assessment, Canada Child Tax Benefit, or Ontario Child Benefit after you file your first income tax return.
  • If your financial situation has changed since the previous tax year, you may qualify for a fee reduction. You must provide verification that your adjusted gross income will be at least 20 per cent less than the most recent tax year. 
Enter line 236 from the Income Tax Notice of Assessment for yourself and your spouse*.
Based on the information you have provided, your monthly parental contribution towards the cost of a licensed child care will be:

For parents and caregivers with a child who is CWELCC eligible (under 6 years old), parental contributions toward the cost of a CWELCC enrolled licensed child care space may be reduced by up to 50%. The exact parental contribution reduction will be determined by Children’s Services upon review of your application. 

To learn more about the Canada-Wide Early Learning and Child Care Program (CWELCC) click here.

Reach out to a Children's Services team member, we’re here to help.


This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.